BEPPI is a Portuguese footwear brand targeted for all the family, with its own unique developed collections. Casual yet sophisticated, the collections offered fit perfectly the daily demands of comfort, quality and design.
BEPPI was established in 1992 and already exports to more than 40 countries worldwide with a volume of a 2,500 million pairs per year.
BEPPI Design Lab
- BEPPI Design lab produces all product design and employs a multidisciplinary team whose members include product designers, graphic designers, and illustrators.
Recent Plae Footwear
Incorporated on 26 April 1981, by the then partners Francisco Rui Alves Subidé and Eduardo Marques Alfredo, under the name Planitoi – Jogos e Brinquedos, Lda, its initial purpose was to trade in toys.
In 1983 the partner Eduardo Marques Alfredo assigned the entirety of his share and Francisco Rui Alves Subidé assigned part of his share. The company partners were now Francisco Rui Alves Subidé, Fernando dos Santos and Jorge Luís Soares Maia, each with a 1/3 share.
In 1993 the partner Francisco Rui Alves Subidé assigned his share, and the managing partner Jorge Maia now held 60%, the remaining 40% distributed among his relatives, his wife and 3 children each holding 10% of the capital.
In 1994, with the company now controlled by the Maia family, a new sports, leisure and comfort footwear project was launched. An application was then made to register the BEPPI brand, this being granted by the INPI under No. 301041.
In 1997 Planitoi became a Limited Company under the name Planitoi – Importação e Exportação, S.A.
That year, the company main strategy focused on launching the project of dissemination of the BEPPI brand image, its considerable investment in the media, points of sale and sales support being considered a bold approach in its sector. To date the company has continued and even considerably increased these investments both in Portugal and in Spain.
On 13 August 1999 an application was made for European registration of our BEPPI brand, which was granted on 5 June 2000, with the Certificate No. 001278514.
As a Portuguese company, Planitoi is a leader in the country in this market segment with its BEPPI brand products. At the same time it has gradually increased exports, particularly to the Spanish market, although it has also reported successful business with France, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Poland, Russia, Germany and many other countries around the World.
Planitoi is firmly committed to differentiation and its strategy is aimed at Quality, Efficiency and Customer Satisfaction, with systematic monitoring of its customers’ needs, seeking to offer an end product with an above average price – quality ratio, thus respecting its customers’ commercial interests.
Description of its main products and services:
PLANITOI sells the following products:
Leisure, sports and comfort footwear, textiles, balls and other accessories.
Planitoi uses its own duly registered brand “BEPPI” “WAY by Beppi “ “ Beppi Kid´s on the products it markets.
Within each family of products, Planitoi offers its customers a wide range of duly identified models, differentiated by their colors, sizes, etc., and covering all age ranges.
QUALITY, ENVIRONMENT AND SECURITY POLICY
Quality has been a fundamental value for the success of Planitoi in its sector and in the community in general. This is revealed not only in important and well-known aspects such as customer satisfaction, but also in its attitude towards the environment and safety. With our example of implementation of an integrated system we hope to raise awareness of the need for trading companies to also commit themselves to environmental protection and to the safety of their employees.
Thus, Planitoi is committed to the following principles:
1. Customer satisfaction in terms of:
1.1. Product quality;
1.2. Confidence in the BEPPI brand;
2. Promote the awareness, participation and accountability of all employees with regard to Quality, the Environment, Safety and Social Responsibility;
3. Operate in compliance with the provisions of legislation and other regulations applicable to the product and to environmental issues and occupational safety and health;
4. Work so as to constantly achieve improvements in terms of Quality, the Environment, Safety and Social Responsibility, with a commitment to pollution prevention, to safe work (prevention of injury and damage to health / continuous improvement of working conditions) and taking account of the interests of stakeholders;
5. Maintain a balanced economic and financial situation in order not to fail the expectations expressed in the previous subparagraphs;
6. Promote respect for all natural resources;
7. Improve, actively and continuously, conditions for a clean environment, for the satisfaction of customers and of product users, of its employees and of the communities in which it operates.
This policy is made known to all employees and to the general public, through the means provided for in PQASRS 01.
In order to guarantee the principles referred to above, the Directors define and maintain an internal set of objectives and targets. These are permanently monitored (and reviewed where necessary) by the Directors in conjunction with the DQASRS and others involved, as described in MP 06.